“Our revenue growth in the quarter was flat, reflecting overall weakness in print media, especially English language publications. The high base effect of 2015’s Bihar elections on the Hindi business further depressed revenue growth.
We are looking forward to a better second half, powered by the festive season, a good monsoon, implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission’s recommendations, and the upcoming elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Our radio business continues to out-perform; we have completed the roll-out of our Phase III stations, which
have all gotten off to a good start. Our digital businesses continue to grow and reduce losses.”
Mrs. Shobhana Bhartia
Chairperson and Editorial Director, HT Media
(Commenting on the results and performance)
• Total Revenue increased by 5.2% to Rs. 6,802 million.
• Advertising Revenue de-grew by (2%); Circulation Revenues grew by 2.4% vs. last year.
• EBITDA was up by 15.1% at Rs. 1,285 million; EBITDA margins at 18.9% vs. 17.3% last year.
• PAT de-grew by (0.8%) to Rs. 512 million; PAT margins of 7.5%.
• Strong balance sheet position with Net Cash of Rs. 8,576 million.
• EPS for the quarter stood at Rs. 1.33 as compared to Rs. 1.58 in the same period last year.